Woodheads are an established firm of Chartered Surveyors who are RICS regulated and offer a professional but personal service. For peace of mind we would bring to your attention the following:

·         We are part of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) and are approved to hold tenants bonds etc via the Dispute Resolution Service further details of which can be obtained from www.thedisputeservice.co.uk

·         Energy Performance Certificates are held for all our managed properties, copies of which are available on request.

·         We retain and utilise an approved list of contractors whom are able to deal with day to day maintenance and repairs, both quickly and efficiently.

·         Woodheads are RICS regulated with all clients monies held in a designated Clients Account to prevent any misappropriation.

If you are interested in applying to take a residential tenancy on one of our properties listed, the  general process is as follows:

1. When you have viewed a property and decided that you would like to progress with an application, we ask for a deposit of half the bond plus our administration fee of £150 inc Vat (for up to two applicants ). An extra charge will be made of £50 per person above two applicants, this amount is to be paid in order to secure the property (If your application does not progress for any reason the bond will be returned however the administration fee is non refundable)

2. Once we have received your deposit we will remove the property from the market and will begin the application process during which you will need to complete the following documents:

·         Credit Search – please complete the attached form and return to our office.

·         Bank Statements – we require your last 3 months bank statements.

·         Employers Reference – we require a reference from you employer stating where you work, how long you have worked there and your annual salary along with a brief character reference from them (e.g. they find you to be reliable e.t.c). This can be emailed, faxed or posted to back to us.

·         Proof Of Identification – we require two forms of identification, one a bill dated within the last three months and one photographic such as a driving licence or passport.

·         Landlord Reference - If you are renting at the moment we need your current landlord to confirm that you are up to date with your rent and that the property has been kept in good order. This can be emailed, faxed or posted to us at the above the address.


3.     If these are acceptable and we obtain permission to grant you a tenancy, we will make arrangements for you to visit the office and sign the Agreement, at which time you will have to pay the remainder of your bond plus the 1st months rent. The Bond will be held by us on behalf of the Landlord until the end of the tenancy. The Bond is safeguarded by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, details of which can be found on our Tenancy Agreement.

4.     The tenancy will be in the form of an Assured Shorthold, which will be completed before occupation can be commenced.

5.     You will also be required to sign a copy of the Inventory listing the contents of the property. If at the end of the tenancy there have been no breaches of the tenancy, breakages or damage, then you will be entitled to the return of the Bond, which will be refunded to you within 14 days. Any costs of rectifying breaches, breakages or damage will be deducted from the Bond.

6.     The initial payment of Rent and Bond must be by Building Society cheque, Bankers Draft or cash. You can then arrange for future rent repayments to be paid by Standing Order.

7.     You will be notified in writing when we wish to make an inspection of the property and must permit entry, given reasonable notice.

8.     All repairs or problems with the property must be notified immediately to us.

9.     At least two months prior to the end of the tenancy you will be served with a notice advising you the date you are required to leave. It may be that you will be offered a further agreement, but it is essential that this is completed before the end of the original tenancy.

10.   We will advise Gas, Electricity, Water and Local Council of the date of your occupation. This is the tenant’s responsibility on vacating the property and we will require an address to forward any Bond to which you are entitled.

11.   You are advised to carry out your own personal contents insurance.